There is a chance that you have decided that you would like to play the piano and there are different reasons why you may want to do this. First and foremost, you may be interested in wanting to play the piano because of the beauty of the instrument. It can produce sounds like no other. People would have to admit that sounds just sound more dramatic whenever the piano is used to play.
Highly skilled piano players are well known and admired because playing this instrument is not very easy. A lot of effort would have to be made in order to make sure that it will be played quite well. Would you like to learn how to play the piano?
There are different things that you ought to know so that you will not have a lot of problems:
- Purchase Your Own Piano – You cannot expect that you will be able to play the piano properly without having your own piano. You have to make sure that you will purchase your own. This can be a problem if you do not have a high budget but you may choose to purchase an electronic keyboard that you can set to sound like a piano. It usually does not cost much and they come with warranties too just in case something goes wrong while you are using it that is covered by the warranty. Do remember that with the keyboard, it might be hard to get into the positioning but you will learn how to play.
- Make Sure that Your Piano is in Tune – If you would choose to purchase your piano from a second hand shop, you cannot be entirely sure that the piano is in tune. You can usually tell if the piano is in tune or not. If it is not, hire a professional piano tuner that can tune it for you. You will hear the difference with the keys afterwards. If you have an electric keyboard, this does not need to be tuned.
- Have the Right Accessories – If you would like to be serious about learning how to play the piano, you have to make sure that you have all the right tools. You may want to have your manual that you will follow so that you can start learning how to play the piano. You may also need to watch some tutorial videos that you can follow as well. It will be up to you.
Now that you already have all the needed items in order to start learning how to play the piano, the next step that you have to take is to make sure that you will learn how to play the piano properly. At this point, you have two options.
Your first option is to hire a piano teacher that can help you out. While people may be able to learn how to play the piano better when they are young, it does not mean that those who are already adults cannot learn how to play. The right piano teacher can help you out and will give you the piano lesson that you need.
If you do not have enough budget to hire a piano teacher especially with all the initial expenses that you had to pay in order to have and acquire your own piano, your option is to learn it on your own. Here are some of the tips that can help you out:
- Make sure that you will follow proper posture when you are playing. Trying to play the piano while having bad posture will not work at all. This will also have an effect on the way that you play so make sure that you will play properly. To follow proper posture, make sure that you will rest your feet flat on the ground.
- Your seat would have to be adjusted. This will make it easier for you to understand what you ought to do.
- Make sure that you will follow the hand positions that are stated on the manuals and the videos that you will watch. If you will position your hands the wrong way, you will have a hard time reaching the keys properly.
- It will be a good idea to get to know the various techniques that you can do in order to make it easier for you to learn how to play. Do remember that before you start doing techniques, make sure that already know how to make the basics first.
Other Tips to Remember
There are still other tips that you ought to remember so that you can find it easier to learn how to play the piano:
- You have to be familiar with the notes that you are going to use. If you are not familiar with them, you will have a harder time trying to understand what notes can go with the different keys of the piano.
- You would have to watch some tutorial videos all over and over again until such time when you understand what you ought to do. It also does not mean that just because you got it the first time, you have already mastered it.
- You should always take time to practice. You have to accept the fact that playing piano entails hard work and if you would not practice, you will surely have a harder time playing the piano properly. It will take longer and longer until such time when your passion to do it will be lost. Do not let this happen to you.
- Remember that knowing the right notes to play will not be useful unless you understand harmony. You have to make sure that you will know if you are able to harmonize both your hands to create the music that you are willing them to do.
- Develop your skills further by challenging yourself. There will be moments of triumphs when you are able to get through some of the challenges you have set for yourself but do not get tired of challenging yourself more and more.
The things mentioned above will always make you better so follow these tips to become good at playing the piano.