Profile of Piano Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Music, Hong Kong Baptist University, First Class Honours
- LTCL in Piano Performance (Distinction)
- Previously taught at Cristofori Music School for 2 years
- Cristofori Annual Live House: 2016, 2017
- Yumeki Ohashi Masterclass, 2016
- Teaching location: Hillview, Bukit Timah, Bukit Batok & mostly West of Singapore
Jonathan started learning piano at the age of 6 at Yamaha Music School. He has since studied under Ms. Loh Wan Fei, Mr. Benjamin Loh, Mr. Khong Wing Yuen and Ms. Sutini Goh.
Jonathan enjoys playing in ensembles and has participated in many of them, ranging from Symphonic Bands during his time in secondary school to Choirs and Chamber Music groups. He is most interested in playing piano duets, particularly the piano reductions of Classical Symphonies.
(Grieg – Morgenstimmung/Morning Mood from Peer Gynt Suite No.1 by Mr Jonathan)
Jonathan also has a passion for composition and has studied under Dr. Christopher Coleman, Dr. David Francis Urrows and Mr. Tan Chan Boon. Jonathan has managed to have two of his pieces performed, one of which was composed for a full symphony orchestra.
As a teacher, Jonathan is very patient. He often arranges music for his students so that they can play the songs that they like with an arrangement that is suitable for their level.
For adult learners, he likes to emphasize the importance of understanding the music that they are playing, and eventually making the process of music-making an enjoyable one.
English, Mandarin, Cantonese