Profile of Piano Teacher
- Teaching since 2015
- Currently studying Master of Education (Music) in NIE
- Bachelor of Music (1st Class Honours) in Music Performance (Classical Piano Major)
- Diploma in Music & Audio Technology (with Merit)
- ALCM Teaching Diploma (Piano)
- ABRSM Grade 8 Piano
- ABRSM Grade 8 Music Theory
- Bronze Grade I Award recipient for the Singapore Raffles Cultural & Arts Festival 2019 (Professional Open Category)
- Piano Accompanist for school choir ACS(J), St. Margaret’s Primary School
- Teaching Location: Home studio at Bedok Reservoir, or at student’s place in Bedok, Chai Chee, Simei, Tampines or East Area.
Hi, I am Teacher Christabel. I started teaching piano in 2015. I have taught in part-time in several music schools and have since converted to full-time private piano teaching. Throughout my years of teaching, I have guided students from as young as 3.5 years, and several adult students.
My teaching style incorporates learning through play, developing a keen interest in music while building up a strong musical foundation and their technical abilities in piano. I always strive to make piano learning enjoyable for my students.
When students have a good foundation and learning experience, it will bring them further and accelerate their learning.
Reflecting on my piano lessons as a young learner has allowed me to understand the importance of how visual aids can help students with their learning.
Since then, I have been making a wide range of manipulatives, flash cards and worksheets that are fun and engaging for students.
View this post on Instagram
While preparing students for the examinations, I usually include a wide range of pieces around their level to expand their repertoire and enhance their learning.
Upon teaching a new piece, I would draw connections between what they have learnt and analyse the pieces together with them. This allows them to understand how music theory is applied to the practical playing.
Whenever the opportunity arises, I would encourage them to perform, or participate in competitions so that they will have a greater exposure to music.
The preparation process helps students to improve their musicianship, showmanship and confidence in playing the piano. Apart from classical pieces, I can also teach pop piano, chords and playing by ear.