Profile of Piano Teacher
6 years of teaching experience
Currently pursuing Diploma in Music – ATCL
Diploma in Child Psychology and Early Education
ABRSM Piano Grade 8
Member of Award-Winning SMU Chamber Choir & Musique Loft
Church Pianist since 2009
Teaching experience include Sunday school teacher, children choir instructor, and preschool educator
Teaching Location: Home studio at Punggol
Genell is currently pursuing her Diploma in Music – ATCL from Trinity College London. She has been a Church pianist since her youth, accompanying congregational singing as well as Choirs. She also plays occasionally in Church and hotel weddings upon request.
In 2011, she acquired a Diploma in Child Psychology and Early Education. Scoring an A with distinction (top 5%) in curriculum planning.
Aside from teaching, she enjoys planning and designing age-appropriate curriculums, Her other musical hobbies include singing and playing the violin.
In 2016, she graduated from the Singapore Management University (SMU). School of Social Sciences, majoring in Psychology. University life was fulfilling – she became a committee member in the award-winning SMU Chamber Choir, participating in festivals and competitions, locally and internationally.
Genell has been teaching the piano since her youth, giving lessons to both kids and adults. She uses various teaching methods, such as games and activities to help kids learn and love music.
She is now a member of the Musique Loft and is actively attending pedagogical workshops and trainings in pursuit of her passion as a dedicated full-time piano teacher.
Workshops and training certifications attained:
- How to teach effectively on scales, sight reading and memorisation, Conducted by Ms. Melanie Spanswick
- Interpreting Music of Frederic Chopin, Conducted by Dr. Krystian Tkaczewski – International Pianist and Educator
- Tales of a Musical Journey, Conducted by Ms. Irina Gorin
- How to Engage Young Learners from Day One – Encore Music Education, Conducted by Mark Gibson and Morna Robinson
- Making it Up: Improvisation and Keyboard – Encore Music Education, Conducted by Mark Gibson and Morna Robinson
- Musical DNA: The Key to Accelerated Learning – Encore Music Education, Conducted by Mark Gibson and Morna Robinson
- Unlocking the secrets in Competitions and Festivals – Teachers Workshop, Conducted by Dr Steven Spooner
- Sight Reading Training
- Aural Test Training
- Scale Playing Training
- Music Theory
- Pop/Comtemporary Piano
- Church Piano Lessons
- Graded Piano Lessons
- Piano Lessons for Adults
- Piano Lessons for Kids
Start Your Lessons Now!
Let us know your requirements in the form below, and we will arrange lessons with the teachers immediately!