Profile of Piano Teacher
Ms Serene Li
- Over 10 Years Of Teaching Experience
- Bachelor Of Music from Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- LRSM Diploma in Piano Performance
- Grade 8 in Piano
- Grade 8 in Theory
- Previously taught full-time at Mandeville Conservatory (United Square)
- Students regularly scored Distinctions in their ABRSM Examinations, with some scored high distinctions above 140.
- Student won first runner-up in Mandeville Piano Competition
- Student won Gold Award at Singapore Asia Youth Piano Competition
- Student entered finals of PIARA competition in Japan
- Teaching Location: Home Studio at Bishan. Can also teach at students’ place at Bishan, Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Timah, and other central areas of Singapore.
Ms Serene received her Bachelor of Music from Sydney Conservatorium of Music, University of Sydney under the tutelage of world-renowned Dutch-Australian pianist Gerard Willems.
She attained High Distinctions in all her Piano Recital Examinations and many other modules during her bachelor’s studies.
Ms Serene has been teaching for more than 10 years, and had taught in Mandeville Conservatory where her students have regularly scored Distinctions in their ABRSM piano examinations.
Some of her students have even scored above 140 and performed in the Mandeville High Scorers’ Concert.
In 2017, her 8-year-old student won the first Runner-up in the Biannual Mandeville Piano Competition (Junior Category) as well as in 2019, her 10- year-old student won the Gold Award at Singapore Asia Youth Piano Competition and got into the Final round to compete in PIARA competition in Japan.
Ms Serene has also conducted numerous masterclasses for Mandeville students who are taking piano exams.
For very young children aged 3-5, Ms Serene is able to use her bubbly, animated voice to attract them and use toys/props to make the lesson fun and engaging.
Her teaching philosophy is to ensure the child enjoys music above everything and communicate with the parents on how to practise piano and whether the child suits to take exams.
Ms Serene began her piano lessons with her father at age 3.
At age 5, she was accepted into NAFA’s gifted children piano program and was specially selected by its Founder and Principal, Mdm Fang Yuan, to be one of her students.
Since then, she performed extensively in concerts and masterclasses held at Victoria Concert Hall, Drama Centre, Alliance Francaise and NAFA Auditorium. She also attained a Distinction in her Grade 8 piano examination when she was a child.
She later received her Licentiate of Royal Schools of Music (LRSM) in piano performance under the tutelage of Ms Chew Kuan Ni, together with her Degree in Bachelor of Applied Science from the National University of Singapore (NUS).
My child looks forward to piano classes every week because Ms Serene is able to make the musical concepts fun using her games and toys. It’s interesting to see how learning can be so fun in one-to-one class.
My daughter Chloe suddenly practised her piano diligently after we switched to Teacher Serene a year ago and we loved her very fun and engaging personality! Chloe completed her grade 2 exam with distinction!
- Beginner till Diploma levels
- Classical Piano
- Pop Piano
- Music Appreciation
- Music History
- Music Theory
- Music Composition and Improvisation
- Sight Reading
- Aural Skills
- Piano Accompaniment
- Graded Piano Lessons – ABRSM, Trinity
- Piano Lessons for Adults
- Piano Lessons for Kids
Start Your Lessons Now!
Let us know your requirements in the form below, and we will arrange lessons with the teachers immediately!