Profile of Piano Teacher
- Over 26 years of Teaching Experience
- NIE Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- ATCL Diploma in Piano
- MEP A Level ‘S’ Paper
- ABRSM Grade 8 in Piano
- ABRSM Grade 8 in Theory
- Previously taught English and Music in Gifted Education Programme
- Experienced in preparation for all grades, from Grade 1 to 8 and Diploma
- Experienced in teaching Play by ear, Chords and Improvisation
- Active musician for her church masses and events
- Teaching Location: Home Studio at Telok Kurau, and student place at Marine Parade, Katong, Siglap, Bedok, Orchard, Novena, Central and East areas of Singapore
Ms Wendy has been teaching for the past 26 years for kids and adults of all ages, from beginners to Grade 8 and Diploma. Many of her students started at a young age with her, to completing Grade 8 and Diploma, with some even becoming piano teachers themselves.
Ms Wendy is an NUS Graduate and has an NIE Postgraduate Diploma in Education, ATCL Diploma in Piano Performance, ABRSM Grade 8 in Piano and Grade 8 in Theory, and MEP A Level “S” Paper.
While she grew up as a classically trained pianist, Ms Wendy can also teach students how to play by ear, chords and improvisation.
Ms Wendy believes in providing performance opportunities for her students to share and showcase their skills that they have been learning in class. Hence, she organise annual recitals for all her students.
Even in the year of Covid, she still try to organise once with safety precautions taken.
With her many years of experience, she has work with kids of different learning styles, and this allow her to customise the lessons to each student individually to bring out the best in them.
She is patient, yet firm and meticulous in ensuring that students learn the fundamentals properly from the very start.
This has allowed her youngest student to achieve a high pass in ABRSM Grade 8 Practical when he was merely 10 years old and went on to achieve his ATCL Diploma in Piano Performance the following year when he was just 11 years old.
Her graduating cohort of Grade 8 students have taken the ABRSM Performance Grade Practical Online exam with 100% passes with Merit and Distinction.
Furthermore, all her students who took the Grade 5 Online Theory exam in December 2020 passed with Distinction. Currently, she’s mentoring and preparing a 15-year old boy for his LTCL Diploma.
Besides teaching piano, Ms Wendy is also an active musician in church and will play for masses, weddings and funerals when called upon whenever she is available.
- Beginner till Diploma levels
- Classical Piano
- Pop Piano
- Music Appreciation
- Music History
- Music Theory
- Music Composition and Improvisation
- Sight Reading
- Aural Skills
- Piano Accompaniment
- Graded Piano Lessons – ABRSM, Trinity, Rock School
- Piano Lessons for Adults
- Piano Lessons for Kids
Start Your Lessons Now!
Let us know your requirements in the form below, and we will arrange lessons with the teachers immediately!