Profile of Piano Teacher
- Teaching since 2018
- Bachelor of Music (Hons) – LASALLE College of the Arts
- Licentiate of the Royal Schools in Music (LRSM)
- Licentiate of Trinity College London in Piano Performance (LTCL)
- Grade 8 in Piano
- Grade 8 in Theory
- Experienced to teach Classical Pop, Jazz as well as Improvisation (Pop and Classical Improv)
- Plays for weddings, events, and church choir
- Ossia Music Competition 2010 – 2nd Place Open Category
- The Happy Pianist Festival 2020 – Best Musicality Award
- The Happy Music Festival 2022 – Pop Category Runner-Up
- Plays guitar, electric bass, drum, pipe organ, tuba, saxophone for leisure
- Teaching location: Home Studio at Joo Seng / Bidadari Area, and also student’s place at Bedok, Simei and Sengkang, Serangoon and Marine Parade.
Hi, I’m Teacher Paul, and I’ve been teaching piano since 2018. I started my teaching career in two music schools and currently teaching private students. My students are as young as 5 years old, to adults over 50 years old.
I have prepared students for practical and theory certification, and till date, I have achieved 100% passes. Beside classical music, I can also teach Pop, Jazz as well as Improvisation (Pop and Classical Improv)
Teaching piano gives me that particular sense of duty that our predecessors have left behind to keep their legacy alive.
It’s my belief that teaching piano especially in the classical context is in a way like telling a story and recreating history.
I believe building a solid teacher-student relationship is important for the music learning journey of a student.
I have students started learning with me, and have gone to complete multiple grading certification, and even competed in piano competitions.
Outside of teaching, I also perform regularly. I play for weddings and events since 2007, and school concerts and recitals during my time at Lasalle College of The Arts. I also play the piano and electone for my church choir.
In 2010, I competed in Ossia Music Competition and came in 2nd place for Open Category. In 2020, I competed in The Happy Pianist Festival and awarded Best Musicality Award in the Pop Open Category.
In 2022, I competed at The Happy Music Festival 2022 LIVE at Bechstein Music World, and coming in Runner-Up for the Pop Piano category.
Beside piano, I also play the guitar for leisure. I can also play electric bass, drum, pipe organ, tuba, and saxophone.
- Sight Reading Training
- Scale Playing Training
- Grade 1 to 8 Piano Practical
- Grade 1 to 8 Theory
- Pop, Jazz as well as Improvisation (Pop and Classical Improv)
- Graded Piano Lessons
- Piano Lessons for Adults
- Piano Lessons for Kids
Start Your Lessons Now!
Let us know your requirements in the form below, and we will arrange lessons with the teachers immediately!