Profile of Piano Teacher
- 6 years of teaching experience
- Master of Music (Piano Performance), Southern Illinois University (Carbondale), USA
- Bachelor of Music (Hons), Piano Performance, Royal College of Music
- Diploma in Music, Piano Performance, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
- ABRSM Grade 8 (Practical and Theory)
- Piano Accompanist who collaborates with musicians internationally. Held the position of Accompaniment Graduate Assistant at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale) during 2018-2020
- Judge at the National Federation of Music Clubs Festival in Carbondale, USA.
- Teaching Location: Home studio in Marsiling, or student’s place in Marsiling, Woodlands, Admiralty
Aletheia has been teaching the piano since 2012. Until 2018 before she left Singapore to pursue her Masters in Music Performance in US, she has taught hundreds of students from beginner to advanced levels in group and individual settings.
Her music journey started at age 4 when she was already playing by ear. Having enjoyed her learning journey to become a versatile pianist today, she understands the importance of a strong foundation in aural skills which she has since been building in her students, on top of sight-reading, technique and musicality.
Aletheia prepares her students for ABRSM exams up to Diploma levels, but her lessons are not confined to exam pieces. She believes in exposing her students to a wide range of repertoire of different time periods for a holistic music education.
Aletheia also understands the need at times to motivate her students by playing pieces outside of the classical syllabus. Her ability to play by ear then often comes in handy for transcribing her students’ favourite songs tailored to their level.
In this way, she empowers her students to play their favourite songs at whatever level they are at, thereby sustaining their interest in their learning journey.
Having taught a spectrum of students from beginner to advanced levels, she understands that each one is an individual and is committed to bring out the best of each student under her charge, through cultivating a life-long enjoyment of music.
While pursuing her Masters in Music Performance in US, as part of her involvement in piano pedagogy, Aletheia was invited to judge at the National Federation of Music Clubs Festival in Carbondale.
Other than teaching, Aletheia is also an accomplished piano accompanist. While working as Accompaniment Graduate Assistant in the Southern Illinois University (Carbondale) from 2018 to 2020, she accompanied with excellence for a range of genres including classical, musical theatre, pop, jazz, country and gospel.
During her free time, Aletheia enjoys playing pop music which she shares in her YouTube channel, AletheiaCantabile.
She is often asked by her YouTube viewers to share her sheet music as well, which prompted her to also transcribe and share her sheet music online. She has built a community in her channel who enjoys her music and learning from her too.