Profile of Piano Teacher
Ms Chai Yee
- 10 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor Degree in Performing Arts (Music) with First Class Honours
- LTCL Diploma in Piano
- ATCL Diploma in Piano (Distinction)
- Grade 8 in Piano
- Grade 8 Music Theory with Merit (ABRSM)
- Piano accompanist for choirs, and various instruments for exams and performances Teaching Location: West area
- Teaching Location: Student’s place in Choa Chu Kang, Bukit Panjang, Jurong, Bukit Timah and other west and central areas in Singapore
Ms Chai Yee began her musical journey at the age of six. She passed her Associate of Trinity College London (ATCL) with distinction in 2010. In 2014, she completed her Bachelor of Performing Arts (Music) in the University of Malaya with First Class Honours. Following that, she passed Licentiate of Trinity College London (LTCL) in Piano Recital.
During her studies in University of Malaya, she performed in master classes conducted by famous pianists such as Ahn Sohyun, Simon Callaghan and Richard Ormr.
She was the accompanist for UM Choir in Malaysia-China Choral Exchange Concert that held in Petronas Pilharmonic Hall in KLCC.
Besides that, she was assigned as accompanist for Permata Seni Koir (National Children Choir in Malaysia) after she graduated from University of Malaya.
In 2015, she was assigned as a piano teacher under a music school in Singapore.
During her music teaching career, besides conducting individual piano lesson for children and adults, she was exposed to organise recital and teaching group choir as well. She is a full private teacher now.
She believes that mastery at the piano involves not only being able to play the correct notes at the correct time, but also to express feelings and share stories through music making.
A good piano teacher must be able to develop the students’ artistry and creativity that enable them to play the piano with great enjoyment.