Profile of Piano Teacher
- 20 years of teaching experience
- Diploma in Piano Performance (Trinity College London)
- Diploma in Music Pedagogy (Singapore)
- Performer’s Certificate (Trinity College London)
- Grade 8 in Piano (ABRSM)
- Grade 8 in Theory of Music (TCL)
- Certified Teacher for ‘Music for Little Mozarts’ (USA)
- Qualified Teacher for ‘Music for Young Children’ (Canada)
- Former Teacher at Yamaha Music School, Gramercy Music School and Cristofori Music School.
- Teaching Location: Jurong West, Jurong East (West of Singapore)
Ms Joanne Kum is a dedicated music educator who has a great passion in imparting her music knowledge to all her students. A teacher with over 20 years of experience, she taught at Yamaha, Gramercy and Cristofori Music Schools.
Currently, she’s conducting lessons at her own home studio or student’s home in the west area of Singapore.
Ms Joanne conducts piano and theory lessons from beginner to Grade 8 levels based on the syllabus of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM), and prepare students for the yearly piano and theory examinations.
Apart from examinations, students will also be exposed to other important elements such as participating in duet and ensemble playings, so as to help create a solid, educated and well-balanced musician.
Ms Joanne’s mission and goals is to ensure all students learn to love music and the piano, create a sense of enjoyment and purpose, and help each student fulfil their music potential.
Outside of teaching, Ms Joanne is also selected by Ms Lim Tshui Fang to play in the Piano Masterclass conducted by Professor Patsy Toh from the Royal Academy of Music, London.
She also performed for SIMTech’s Membership Night @ York Hotel & Raffles Town Club, and A*STAR Open House Science Jubilee @ one-north.
Here’s some of Ms Joanne’s student results:
|Joy Ling Xian Hui||1||Distinction|
|Isaac Tan Yishan||1||Merit|
|Anders Chow Ee Tze||1||Merit|
|Ong Hui Yi||2||Merit|
|Lee Jia Xin||2||Merit|
|Tan Shan Peng||3||Merit|
|Lo Xien Ping||3||Distinction|
|Kieren Chow Ee Jay||3||Merit|
|Lim En Shian||3||Distinction|
|Ong Han Yang||5||Distinction|
|Eunice Tan Yi Ling||6||Passed|