Profile of Piano Teacher
- Over 17 years of teaching experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Piano Performance from The Royal Northern College Of Music UK (RNCM)
- Performance Diploma with Distinction from The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama UK
- LTCL Music Theory
- ABRSM Grade 8 Practical and Grade 8 Theory
- Studied Music in United Kingdom for 6 Years
- Taught at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, School of Young Talents for 8 years (2001 to 2008)
- Adjunct Teacher at Forte Music Academy for 3 Years (2009 – 2011)
- Teaching private piano lessons from home since 2011
- Teaching Location: Home Studio at Woodleigh. Piano lessons on a Grand Piano.
Ms Tricia holds a Post Graduate Certificate in Piano Performance from The Royal Northern College Of Music UK (RNCM), one of the leading conservatories in the world. It is one of the four associated with the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM), which most teachers and students are familiar with.
She also holds a Performance Diploma with Distinction from The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama UK. Both achieved while spending 6 years in the United Kingdom.
Ms Tricia started her teaching career with the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA), teaching their gifted program at their School Of Young Talents, preparing kids with solid music foundation, and training them for stage performances, festivals, and competitions. She taught at NAFA for 8 years, from 2001 to 2008.
She then went on to take on the role of an adjunct teacher at Forte Music Academy for 3 years, and since 2011, she has been giving private home piano lessons at her home studio at Woodleigh.
Ms Tricia believes in building a strong foundation for piano students right from the start. She will work closely with parents, and also advises parents to sit in the lesson to support their kids’ learning too.
While graded piano exams are a good benchmark of a student’s playing level, Ms Tricia does not prefer students to focus too much on exams.
She prefer her students to sit for important grades only, so they can work on a wider range of repertoire, and participate in piano competitions, festivals and live events.
With her dedicated and all-rounded teaching, most of the students achieve high scores and distinctions in exams, and excel at music competitions and festivals. Some have gone on to pursue music professionally overseas.
Ms Tricia welcomes kids and adults students, who are keen to pursue graded exams, from Grade 1 to 8 and all levels of Diplomas. Or simply just leisure lessons, learning to play the piano you have always dreamed of.