Profile of Piano Teacher
- More than 10 years of Teaching Experience, in Singapore and United Kingdom
- MMus Masters Of Music, Royal College of Music, London
- BMus Bachelor of Music, Melbourne Conservatorium of Music
- Associate London College of Music
- Currently pursing Doctorate at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- ABRSM Grade 8 Practical
- ABRSM Grade 8 Theory
- First Prize Winner of Kent International Piano Competition,Concerto and Recital Prize, 2016
- Performed in concert venues across Melbourne and London
- Performed with Winchester Chamber Orchestra.
- Teaching Location: Home Studio at Bartley. Can also teach at Serangoon, Farrer Park, Orchard, Novena, Central of Singapore
Born in Singapore, Ms Xiaoyun started to learn the piano at the age of 5 and violin at age 10. She studied with Ms Sylvia Tan and Boris Kraljevic at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts before heading abroad for her tertiary music education.
She completed her Bachelor of Music at Melbourne Conservatorium of music with Russian pianist, Igor Machlak and her Master of Music at the Royal College of Music with Andrew Ball, Dina Parakhina and Patsy Toh. A keen music researcher, Xiaoyun went onto pursue her Doctorate at Trinity Laban where she explored an alternative method of analysing scores: Haptic Analysis.
Her research has been warmly received by UK professors and she was invited by Royal Northern College of Music to deliver a keynote of her research of Chopin at their annual conference.
During her years abroad, she has had the opportunity to work with leading pianists of the world including John O’Conor, Yulianna Avdeeva Noriko Ogawa, Leon McCawley and Joanna MacGregor.
As a performer, her competition successes include both a concerto and recital prize at the Kent International Competition 2016. She has performed in concert venues across Melbourne and London including a performance of Chopin Piano Concerto No.1 with Winchester Chamber Orchestra.
With more than a decade worth of overseas experience, Ms Xiaoyun has taught and produced young pianists of high music calibre. They have often been awarded Distinctions and Merits at their piano exams.
Trained as a performer, Ms Xiaoyun also creates performance opportunities her students and encourages them to take part in competitions.
Recently, her student Naomi Zhang was awarded a Silver medal at the Wimbledon International Piano Competition (2019).
Ms Xiaoyun currently conducts lessons at her home studio at Bartley. She also conducts lessons at student’s place around Central areas of Singapore. Do drop a message below to find out more about piano lessons with Ms Xiaoyun.